Depending on the particular health concerns, specific lab testing may be conducted to better assess health and to help monitor treatment progress. The following are the lab tests Naturopathic Doctors have access to:
Standard Naturopathic Lab Testing
Naturopathic Doctors are licensed to draw blood and order standard lab testing (blood, stool, urine, saliva) comparable to the testing your family physician would order. Lab testing requisitioned by a Naturopathic Doctor in Ontario, however, is not covered by OHIP. A separate fee structure is in place for Naturopathic requisitioned lab tests for patients who find it more convenient to use this option versus going through a family physician.
Examples of these tests include: Iron Panel, Blood Cholesterol and Triglycerides, Thyroid Panel, Complete Blood Count, Liver Enzyme Levels, Kidney Function Testing, Blood Glucose Testing, H Pylori Breath Test and Stool Ova & Parasite Testing.
*It is recommended that patients bring copies of previous lab results to their visit.
In-House Lab Testing
There are also many tests that can be offered at the clinic location:
- Random Blood Glucose
- Body Composition Assessment
- Zinc Tally Test for Zinc Deficiency
Specialized Lab Testing
In addition to standard lab testing and in-house testing, there is a broad selection of specialized tests to better assess digestion, hormonal imbalances and heavy metal toxicities. These include:
- IgG Food Sensitivity Panel – 96 Foods (finger prick, blood spot)
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis (with or without Parasitology)
- Celiac Panel (finger prick, blood spot)
- Female Hormone Panel (saliva)
- Male Hormone Panel (saliva)
- Urinary Thyroid Assessment
- Adrenal Function Panel (saliva)
Toxin Exposure Assessments: